The bathroom, the most private place in a home and where, sometimes, the best ideas come up. So why not give it the proper importance? To renew it! Either totally or partially. Remember that changes are always good and also bathroom accessories, including tiles, curtains or shower doors, do not last forever.Fortunately, today there are unlimited options for a renovation, and best of all, many are not complicated and can be done by ourselves.
If your bathroom is small, these tips will be very useful:
Has it recently seemed to you that it is time to renovate your house? It is possible that one of the spaces that can cause more uncertainty is the bathroom. Why? In this space is where one takes their time that is why it must be a pleasant environment, attractive to the eye and the senses. There are many reasons why you should renew your bathroom, read it on blog Bathroom renovations in Perth as well some tips we are going to present them below:
1. Elimination of Mold and Mildew
Mold and fungi are a nightmare for any bathroom and although in some cases they can be eliminated, there is always the risk that their spores have spread and in long or short periods of time they will reappear. If there are large numbers of these organisms and their elimination seems impossible, opting for remodeling is the smart thing to do.
2. Plumbing Problems
The faucet drips? Is the water outlet dirty? Does the toilet smell bad or is it clogged frequently? Do you hear damage to the pipes and even if you call your trusted plumber, it can’t be fixed? It is time to seriously think about the best alternative, completely changing the plumbing system with all the arrangement that the restructuring and redecoration of the bathroom entails.
3. Increase Property Value
If you are interested in moving and listing your home, one of the many benefits that tends to be overlooked is the ability to raise the sale value of the property, and that can be achieved with a successful bathroom remodel.
If your bathroom is very small or perhaps you have not been able to take advantage of all the space it has, a better storage area can make it easier to keep everything organized, in order to find and store all the hygiene and beauty products in an easier way Also, if you have small children or pets, keeping things that are not suitable for them out of their reach will be a much more feasible task.
5. A Better Environment
The bathroom is considered one of the most used rooms in the house and when you are in it it is important to experience sensations of taste, comfort, relaxation. That is why if you are not happy with the appearance of your bathroom or the feeling it conveys, you should think about remodeling it soon.
The Final Touches
- To make your bathroom look more spacious, a shower screen is the right choice. A frameless shower screen is also worth considering.
- The latest freestanding bathtubs combine old world charm with high-tech materials.
- In a compact private bathroom, a wall-mounted sink is a great option. And a mirrored front cabinet above the basin is great for storing toiletries.
- Look for a dresser with current storage systems. It can come with inside door-mounted wire racks, waste bins, towel racks, and tilt drawers, designed to help you access toiletries more quickly.
- To speed up your morning routine, a heated, lighted, fog-free mirror is a good option, so you won’t have to wait to shave or apply makeup.
- In a small bathroom, a normal hinged door can be a real space problem. During the upgrade, consider a sliding door that is hidden in a cavity in the wall, creating a clean design look.
- To prevent mold build-up, ventilation is the key. To ensure adequate ventilation, make sure the windows can be cross-ventilated and install an exhaust fan. The exhaust fan has to vent the humid air to the outside of the house; otherwise, it could cause problems in the rooftop space.
- While cosmetics and skincare products can be kept in drawers, there are larger items that may not fit. To store dryers and lacquers away, a deep shelf with drawers is worth selecting.
- After selecting all the bathroom items, it is worth confirming that all the accessories will be available when the renovation begins.
- When selecting paint, make sure it is capable of handling moisture levels. Semi-gloss or gloss paints with a mold inhibitor are a good option.
At Bathroom renovations in Perth we offer bathroom ceramics and porcelain tiles that are ideal for you, with a wide catalog, you can have quality and perfection at hand in each piece you obtain. We create harmonious spaces for you and the whole family to enjoy.